Saturday, November 2, 2013

Marcia Decoster Presents.....

A while back the talented and much celebrated bead artist, not to mention revered teacher Marcia Decoster asked me to participate in a project featuring 30 bead artists and their work. It was a wonderful opportunity not only to share my work, views and creative process but also a priceless honor to be included in such a fabulous group of fellow beaders, each and every one of them people I appreciate, love to share with and greatly admire. I feel a great sense of pride to have been considered for this project and owe my thanks to Marcia, not just for this but for every thoughtful advice and wonderful guidance she has provided over the years. This beading community would not be the same without her. When I first started out on this journey of making beading my craft and full time occupation I was rather clueless...it was Marcia and people like her who were able and willing to offer generously of their vast wisdom and talent and help me along the way. I've never forgotten that unselfish kindness and I will be forever grateful. :) It has made me grow beyond what I ever thought possible and I have been extremely privileged to be able to pay it forward to beaders who are starting their own journey now. Much love to you all! ♥

Now available on Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/Marcia-DeCoster-Presents-Interviews-Inspiration/dp/1454707976/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383410320&sr=8-1&keywords=marcia+decosters+presents


7 comments:

Patrick said...

What a lovely post Miriam, and you didn't even mention you are on the front cover. What a classy lady are.

CieloDesign said...

Thank you Patrick! :) ♥

Marcia DeCoster said...

Thank you Miriam, what truly kind words, I am honored.

Marsha Wiest-Hines said...

I am so excited for you Miriam. Your work looks fantastic on the cover!!! I am dying to see who all the other artists are, and can't wait to hold the book!

Резеда Абдуллина said...

Hello)) I'm affected by your works and started to do, to make smth with bead. and so the question occured if it is only for me,please, can you show some simple schemes to make smth gorgeous like you do.

Ilenia said...

Wow! Congrats ... I'm in love with your beautiful works and I am so happy that you are a covergirl!

NEDbeads said...

Gorgeous post!! How did I never know you had a blog?? Where have I been?? lol - now I know! I am so excited to be in the book with you - and so very happy to see your gorgeous works and get to hear more about your process!!