Tuesday, July 5, 2011

La Primavera


La Primavera
Originally uploaded by Cielo Design

It's been quite a while since I updated my blog. I have a lot of catching up to do!!! :)
The first thing I want to blog about is this creation which I submitted to the Bead Dreams competition of 2011. It was not accepted and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't quite disappointed...Each component was an original design especially for this competition and more than 100 hours went into creating it. But alas, with all the many gorgeous entries this years I don't envy the judges who had to decide on the finalists!
I hope I'll have the courage to try again next year but who knows? :) The important thing is not loosing the fun and amazement that comes with the actual creation of a new piece, technique or composition,- it's not about winning, it's all about having fun doing something you love!

11 comments:

EWA gyöngyös világa! / EWA's World of Beads said...

Beautuful design, lovely colors!Full marks for this one!I am sorry you have not won!Stunningly beautiful!

Las Creaciones de Boricua said...

I love it!!!!!!!! it's fantastic!!!!!!!

moonsafari said...

It's absolutely amazing!!! :)

coco006 said...

very beautiful !! Lovely this
bravo !

Hannah said...

I don't have a words!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CieloDesign said...

Thank you all so much! :)

Shenny said...

Oh my God, that is just astounding! I knew it will be worth waiting for more pieces from you. Totally love it!

Przystań Filis said...

wowwwwww!!!!

CharmN Jewelry said...

The designs are mind blowing and they look a lot lighter than it would be with similar designs in other materials...love the fact that they are light and wearable.Birthday gift ideas

ANGEL'S BEAD said...

Amazing all your whork!Fantastic,I can't find whords ...

Tobah Farkas said...

Too stunning for the competition. If I com to Israel could you teach me how to make it? I do a lot of bead weaving.