Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Blancefleur Pearl Necklace


Blancefleur Pearl Necklace
Originally uploaded by Cielo Design


This piece was supposed to go in an entirely different direction! I've been working on a new batch of Fimo roses, something I love doing off the grid since it's so relaxing and fun,- sort of like how I loved playing with clay when I was little...
I had everything laid out and wanted to find something soft and romantic to accomodate those roses (they are in shades of pink!),- however, at some point, not sure where, this project took a u-turn and became a celebration of pearls and crystals, looking quite bridal I think! I am in love with cream pearls. It does make me contemplate yet again if I should be focusing on bridal jewelry in general.

The small roses embellished under the center crystals are made of plastic I think...which would normally be considered an sheer abomination in company of Swarovski crystals and pearls...lol..but hey, if it works, why not? I love the tiny roses...they did fit better than the fimo ones I made (which I muuuuch larger). So there! :) Onwards to my next project!
Have a great week everyone!!

9 comments:

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

This is a gorgeous piece! It's funny how things talk to you and tell you what they want to be. Very, very pretty, and yes, it would be perfect for a wedding. Connie

Beadwright said...

These days anything goes when it comes to beads, even plastic. This is beautiful.
Nicole/Beadwright

Alexandra said...

Amazing necklace!!!

Eva Maria Keiser said...

Miriam,
Your works are stunning. This latest necklace is a beautiful blend of "old world" and contemporary elements. Very elegant and regal.

Szilmarilla said...

This necklace is a beautiful!

Sol said...

absolutely amazing

Cristina said...

Fantastic!!

gwenbeads said...

Absolutely stunning! I'd love this with a plain tan linen dress in summer. Perfect. Wow!

Rishabh said...

These colorful diamonds in the necklace are looking so beautiful. These are the best, I saw ever.

pearl necklace