Sunday, May 23, 2010

Verdure Florescence Necklace


Verdure Florescence Necklace
Originally uploaded by Cielo Design

I love making lentil flowers and sticking them on flat necklaces, I've done them in all colors and variations by now but I especially love combining them with gold wire, a jewelry making discipline I'm not fairly practiced in but absolutely adore.

This necklace is a herringbone stitch using two different sizes of beads, 6 and 8's...I tried using three sizes but it curves too much and it's hard to keep round. I also love the peridot cabochons...I bought a few a while back and enjoy using them in different designs, in fact, I love all sorts of cabochons but since bead embroidery isn't something I often indulge in, I find them hard to incorporate in general. I love how this came out though, even if I couldn't quite catch it on camera..

8 comments:

kralenqueen said...

Beautiful this chain. And what a pleasure it wears bead. Fine sunny day. Kind regards Rianne

Ilka said...

Wonderful necklace!!

Las Creaciones de Boricua said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!

Gypsy said...

Gorgeous- and I bet it feels lovely with the herringbone base!

sibel said...

wanderful.

Dora's said...

It is a great piece of art!!! I bought it!!! I wear it!!! Thank you Myriam.

gwenbeads said...

Your work is always so classy. I love that this piece is a collar, but not overstated. The colors are gorgeous.

christel said...

So beautifull !