Saturday, April 24, 2010

Bead Dreams finalist 2010



When I decided I wanted to enter the Bead Dreams 2010 competition, I had absolutely no idea what I was going to make...or rather, I had a million ideas but no matter how I twisted and turned those beads, nothing interesting came of it and it certainly wasn't worthy of any kind of competition. In the end I just went with what I was most comfortable with, sculptural design, waves and curves and loads of crystals and rivoli and shiny things and of course, bronze and olive and gold..my favorite colors, minus the pink..lol..!!! It took me a week and a half to make, over 50 hours of work, a very sore neck and arm, teary eyes laboring over such intricate details, but in the end, I was quite happy with the result.

I didn't have time to make a second entry but it doesn't matter,- Jewel of Amun made it through to the Bead Dreams finals!! No matter what happens now, I feel like I've already won, just being up there with all that amazing talent!! It's a huge privilege and a humbling experience. But for now, before I go off fancying myself a beadwork superstar, I have 3 loads of laundry and dinner for the kids to keep me grounded...;)

16 comments:

sibel said...

super,very very wonderful.

Rebecca said...

Congratulations! It is very beautiful and I'm not at all surprised that your piece has been selected.

Belinda Saville said...

Well done Miriam! It is a huge achievement to even be a finalist, so be proud of yourself :-) It is a stunning creation, I adore your style!

eliana said...

congratulation....that's a wonderful neckpiece. I love it

Ági mama said...

Wonderful works! Congratulations!!!

Ilka said...

Wondeful work, again. Congratulations, it's a great result to be a finalist.

Monessa said...

Super!!:))

Ralonda said...

A big Woo HOO from one finalist to another!!! It is a stunning piece!

Gale said...

A stunning piece, fresh and original. Congratulations!

Claudia said...

Congratulations!! What a spectacular necklace...

Váczi Zsuzsanna "Zsuzska" said...

Congratulations! You are the great beader!

Perlentick@koeln.de said...

Wouw, that's so wonderful. Great colors! Super!!! Excellent!!!

Releases by Rufydoof said...

How exciting. Big congratulations. I couldn't imagine entering let alone becoming a finalist. You should feel very proud of your stunning work. Well done!

Karyn
Australia

Las Creaciones de Boricua said...

Beautiful work!!!!!!! I love it!!

Zsuzsa said...

WOWWW! Congratulation!

Uli Jez said...

I love your collar designs, each is
amazing and remember me on unique
jewelry of the past. First class pieces,with elegance and nobless.
I´m happy to found you on facebook
and now, I will follow your blog:
Kind regards and happy beading!
Uli Jez from Lower-Austria:
Kind regards:
Uli Jwz