Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Alexis Moonlight Necklace


Alexis Moonlight Necklace
Originally uploaded by Cielo Design


Here's the latest addition to my Moonlight series, which I'm incredibly fond of due to the complicated yet balanced design (if I do say so myself...lol, it's not often my designs actually work!!),- I'll probably keep making them since they sell so well, but I've been busy with other things, challenge pieces (pictures coming soon!), custom orders and of course,- my ailing hand/arm.

I've found it completely depressing and deflating to be dictated by a physical temporary handicap, but the shooting pain I get from simply holding my bead work has seriously slowed me down and made me ponder... I love my work, I never work less than 10-15 hours a day and the thought that I can't continue at that crazy pace is really scary to me. However, having said that...I'm learning to pace my self and have the greatest respect for more experienced beaders warnings...if they tell me to slow down or else, I better listen up! ;)

2 comments:

Joann Loos said...

Another stunning piece! I love all your designs.

Angel D. said...

Very sorry to hear of your pain and the awful thought of not being able to bead most of the day. One thought might be to publish some of your amazing designs and give your hands a much needed recovery break. I so admire all of your jewelry and would love to see them all published!